Improving the management of patients with diabetes, cardiovascular and renal disease.
7 September 2020 - Guide for non-diabetes specialist physicians and primary care teams for cardiovascular risk optimisation in patients with Type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. (coronary artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, cerebrovascular disease)
The CaReMe Webinar took place on 16 July 2020. 2 CPD points are available only to those who registered and attended the live event.
- Welcome & introduction by the Chair (Prof Martin Cowie)
- Diabetes, cardiac and renal disease - adding insult to injury (Dr Peter Winocour)
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular outcome trials (Dr Dipesh Patel)
- Contemporary management of heart failure (Dr Simon Williams)
- Avoiding Acute Kidney Injury in heart failure (Dr Debasish Banerjee)
- Panel discussion and Q&A
CaReMe is a collaboration between the British Cardiovascular Society, the Renal Association and the Association of British Clinical Diabetologists. The three professional Societies, along with the Primary Care Cardiovascular Society and the Primary Care Diabetes Society have formed the Cardio-Renal-Metabolic (CaReMe) partnership with the aim of improving the management of patients with diabetes, cardiovascular and renal disease.