Clinical Impact Awards - ACCIA
Clinical Impact Awards ACCIA
The Advisory Committee on Clinical Impact Awards (ACCIA) opens their 2023 round for applications of National Clinical Impact Awards (NCIA) in England and Wales on 03 March 2023.
From March 2023, National Clinical Impact Awards scheme applications will no longer include rankings and citations from national nominating organisations.
Applicants will now be able to seek guidance from any number of relevant membership organisations (MOs) they wish to approach.
Further information on the new MOs role can be found here
Please note the NCIA important dates below:
- 3 March to 28 April 2023 – applications open
- 29 April to 26 June 2023 – first round scoring
- 27 June to 4 September – N3 scoring
- 27 June to 6 November – governance review
- 5 September to 6 November – NRES scoring
- end November 2023 – main committee finalisation of recommendations
- December 2023 – recommendations to and sign off by ministers
- mid-January 2024 – notifications sent to successful applicants and finance processes initiated to back pay awards
- mid-January to mid-February 2024 – appeals window open
Attached are some helpful resources from ACCIA:
- Recordings of our applicant and employer webinar (Q&A to be uploaded in due course) – https://tinyurl.com/ACCIA2023webinars
- Our printable resources (will shortly be updated with information relevant to the 2023 Awards Round) – National Clinical Impact Awards 2022: resources for applicants and employers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Our 2023 guidance for applicants - Applicants' guide: 2023 awards round - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you have any questions about applying for the NCIA please email the ACCIA Secretariat: email@example.com
For the latest information visit the ACCIA website
BCS Honorary Secretary