Clinical Excellence Awards Support
The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) has opened the 2021 application round for new applications and renewal of national Clinical Excellence Awards in England and Wales. This includes those who were due to renew in 2020 and whose awards were extended by one year. Applications can be completed online at ACCEA website.
Current BCS members in England and Wales are eligible for support, albeit that the Society is limited in the numbers it is allowed to support in each category. Unfortunately, colleagues in Scotland and Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply. Members who wish BCS to consider supporting their nomination for a new national award in 2021 are invited to complete the application and citation forms and return them to BCS by the date below.
Before deciding whether to self-nominate, it is worth considering the following guidance:
- You must be a current BCS member to be eligible for BCS support. Please check that the details we hold on you are correct/up to date. This can be done by logging into your member profile or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local support is essential. An application for a national Bronze award (Level 9) is seldom successful if the candidate does not already hold at least 4 local CEA points. However, if your local points have been competitive/limited and you have a strong application, it is worth a try.
- Renewals - BCS support for renewal applications isn’t required as ACCEA has removed third party citations.
- Those holding national awards are very unlikely to move up a level in less than 4 years from the start of their existing award.
- Platinum Awards - BCS cannot make direct nominations for platinum awards. Nominations for new platinum awards may be submitted through the online system by:
- The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC), on behalf of the Royal Colleges
- Universities UK (UUK) on behalf of the universities and research bodies.
Guidance documents and application forms
- ACCEA's guidance for 2021 applicants
- ACCEA application form
- BCS guidance for new applications
- BCS Citation Form
Applying for BCS Support
Please send the following, to email@example.com by the deadline of 14:00 Monday 22 February 2021
- Completed ACCEA Application Form
- Completed BCS Citation Form
- The names and email addresses of two citation writers who have agreed to support your application and are preparing citations
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
Any applications or forms received after 14:00 Monday 22 February 2021 will not be considered.
Requests for deadline extensions will not be granted.
You must submit your self-nomination ACCEA application form directly to the ACCEA by 17:00 Thursday 18 March 2021.
Visit the ACCEA website for the latest information.