ACCEA 2020 ROUND OF APPLICATIONS SUSPENDED
The ACCEA has announced that, due to the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on all NHS staff, the 2020 national Clinical Excellence Awards applications are suspended. Please visit the ACCEA website for the latest information.
BCS is pleased to be able to support members in England and Wales in their application for national Clinical Excellence Awards. We are inviting those who wish for BCS to consider supporting their nomination for a renewal and or new national award in 2020 to complete a CVQ and any supplementary questionnaires and return these to BCS by 23:59 on 20 April 2020. Colleagues in Scotland and Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered for BCS support
All applications for national awards are self-nominated and must be submitted separately online to ACCEA using the CVQ form provided by ACCEA. Before deciding whether to self-nominate it is worth considering the following guidance:
- Local support is essential. An application for a national Bronze award (Level 9) is seldom successful if the candidate does not already hold at least 4 local CEA points. However, if your local points have been competitive/limited and you have a strong application, it is worth a try.
- Those holding national awards are very unlikely to move up a level in less than 4 years from the start of their existing award.
- BCS cannot make direct nominations for platinum awards but can and will make recommendations to the Presidents of the Royal Medical Colleges.
- You must be a current BCS member to be eligible for BCS support.
- Please note that we are limited in the numbers we are allowed to support in each category
Please use one or both of the below guides as required: