Corporate Development and Engagement Administrator vacancy
The BCS is now looking to recruit to the newly created post of Administrator (Corporate Development and Engagement).
The British Cardiovascular Society is celebrating its Centenary this year, making it the oldest cardiovascular society in the world. With a growing membership, the BCS is in the process of transformational change - celebrating its past, whilst preparing for the future with many exciting developments in the pipeline.
The post holderwill be responsible for managing all administrative aspects of the BCS’s corporate development activity, including support for:
- the BCS’s principal partnership arrangements with industry organisations
- international activities and plans
- existing international contracts and activities
- potential/new international activities and
- The monthly Corporate Development Working Group.
The post holder will work closely with the CEO, the Vice-President for Corporate Finance and Development, officers and senior managers of the society and the Chair of the Education Committee, as well as our strategic partners and key stakeholders.
We are seeking a capable administrator who has excellent organisational and time-management skills and lots of initiative. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude are key. The post holder will be an excellent communicator and self-starter keen to support these key strategic work-streams which we expect to evolve over time. Relevant experience of managing similar corporate partnerships is not essential but would be an asset. There is potential for growth for the right candidate in line with the growth in activities.
This post is offered on:
- A full-time basis (though a slightly less-than-full-time appointment could be considered for the right candidate).
- A hybrid working basis (the BCS is based in Fitzrovia Square, London) – arrangements are to be determined but are likely to involve 2/3 days based in the office in future. Some flexibility as to the work pattern is feasible although the successful candidate will need to work to accommodate the meetings for which they are responsible.
Salary is at Band G of the BCS Salary Bands (£28,859-£32,467k full time) and appointment will be at circa £29-30k. In addition, we offer a generous benefits package and pension scheme.
The post-holder will join a friendly, dynamic team of staff and officers and will be afforded the opportunity to develop wide ranging knowledge within a membership organisation and charity whose focus is on representing and supporting the professionals who work in cardiology and the patients for whom we want to encourage the best possible treatment.
For more information about the role and our benefits please see the role description and person specification. Application is in the form of C.V. and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria of the role.
Applications (i.e. a cv and covering letter) should be submitted to CEOPA@bcs.com.
Please note that CVs received without an accompanying covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is: 12pm Monday 7 March 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by 5.00pm Friday 11 March 2022 and interviews will be the week commencing 14 March 2022.