EECC Registration for CESR candidates
As well as UK trainees, those who are planning to apply for a CESR (Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration) are now also able to apply and sit the EECC.
IMPORTANT: When registering for the exam you MUST provide your ESC ID number (which is mandatory when accessing the EECC prep course). If you do not have one please open an account here Create a MyESC account
Please Note: The EECC is not a formal qualification but demonstrates knowledge of core cardiology equivalent to that required for the award of a certificate or completion of training (CCT).
- Following the exam, successful CESR candidates will be issued with a certificate stating that they demonstrated knowledge of core cardiology, equivalent to that required for the award of a certificate of completion of training (CCT).
In order to be able to sit this exam you must:
Be in a cardiology post in the UK at the time of application
Be planning to submit in full your application for CESR within 3 years of the EECC examination date on which you intend to sit this examination
Obtain official confirmation of both of the above and provide the required supporting information outlined in how to apply.
How to Apply
All CESR candidates must supply the following supporting documentation.
- A short *letter of reference from your Medical Director
*This letter must be on headed paper from your hospital/ trust Download Letter Example/Template
- Your Medical Directors name and email address
- Details of the posts your have worked in for the last 3 years
- Email the *letter of reference to email@example.com
- After receiving your *letter of reference, education team will contact you.
Without this supporting documentation, your application will not be approved and registration for the exam may be cancelled by BCS without prior notice.
Date: Tuesday 13 June 2023
Registration: Closed Now
Registration Closing Date: 11:59pm, Monday 20 February 2023
REQUESTS TO REGISTER AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Once received your supporting information will be reviewed by BCS (usually within 2-3 working days).
- If approved, you will then receive a unique link to register for the exam.
- Before proceeding to register, you will also be asked to confirm you have submitted the required information.
The examination sat is the same as for UK trainees and is identical in all respects (including the 6 UK specific questions). No other version of this examination is offered.
Following the exam, successful CESR candidates will be issued with a certificate stating that they demonstrated knowledge of core cardiology, equivalent to that required for the award of a certificate of completion of training (CCT).
Results due to be released by end of July 2023.