Booking Terms & Conditions
BCS Annual Conference
NB: Speakers/presenters may express a wide variety of opinions and views which are the view of the individual and not that of the British Cardiovascular Society (BCS).
- Booking Online & Payment
- Booking online indicates acceptance of our booking conditions. Individual members of The British Cardiovascular Society may only use discounted or ‘early bird’ conference places for themselves. If they are unable to attend, they may only transfer that place to a non-member on the agreement to pay the extra amount applicable.
- By booking through our online system, you are registering yourself, or others within your organisation, as paying delegates for The British Cardiovascular Society Annual Conference.
- Members of The British Cardiovascular Society enjoy significant discounts on places at courses, training and the Annual Conference. However, membership discounts can only be applied if the delegates are members at the time of booking and at the time of the event. Membership discounts can’t be applied retrospectively to bookings. If you’re not sure whether you’re a The British Cardiovascular Society member please contact our membership team at email@example.com
- When your place (including any ‘add on’ items you select such as education zone sessions, lifelong learning, other training and/or courses or dinners) has been booked, you will be directed to pay online via WorldPay. Payment must be made within one day of booking. For alternative payment arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In this event payments must be made within 14 days of the invoice date or by the date of the event, whichever is sooner
- If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome. Please email email@example.com to let us know if you’d like to do this.
- Cancellations, Changes & Refunds
- All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full refund, less £20 administration fee, will be issued for cancellations received in writing (email or post) 4 weeks prior to the event (7-10 June 2021). Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- Requests for refunds should be made to either email@example.com or addressed to
- You can cancel within seven days of the event, but you will NOT receive any refund.
- All bookings from outside the UK must be paid in full, before your place is confirmed.
- The British Cardiovascular Society will not accept liability for transport disruption or individual transport disruption.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organisers to alter the content, speakers or timings of the events.
- In the unlikely event that The British Cardiovascular Society has to cancel the event, your ticket cost will be reimbursed. The British Cardiovascular Society is not able to reimburse you for any other costs like travel or accommodation.
- BCS accepts no liability for signal transmission disruption during the event.
British Cardiovascular Society
9 Fitzroy Square,
London W1T 5HW
T: +44 (0)20 7383 3887
- Data & Privacy & GDPR
- All delegates’ details will be kept on our records, but we will not share your contact details with anyone and we will not contact you about anything other than the event you’re booked to attend – unless you have indicated otherwise.
- On the day of the event the delegate list (name, job title and organisation only) will be shared with attendees to facilitate networking and as an opportunity to make connections. This delegate list should not be used for overt selling, either during or after the event.
- Should you visit or interact with industry stands in the virtual exhibition, your name and email address will be shared with those companies you visit.
- By registering for the BCS Annual Conference, you agree to participate via video streaming using the link provided and to your image being recorded on film and to the BCS (potentially) using your image in promotional materials for future BCS courses. If you do not wish to be filmed, you agree that you will attend the meeting with your device camera switched off.
- By participating in the Question and Answer section of any session (including Symposia) you are consenting to being recorded in audio/on film and to the BCS and Symposia companies using/sharing this recording (in the context of the session) elsewhere.
- Physical/In-Person Events. We may take photos of delegates at our events which could be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for any photos that you feature in to be used in this capacity please do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Emails and Communications. By registering for the conference, you are opting in to receive emails, communications and updates regarding the event, speakers, sessions etc. emails will from time to time include information on symposia sessions sponsored by industry: this includes pharmaceutical, medtech and healthcare companies promoting products or services related to cardiology in an educational format and advertised as 'sponsored symposia'. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email. BCS will never share your information with third party suppliers without your permission. This is separate from and does not impact essential communications regarding your membership subscription if you are a BCS member.
- Third-Party Privacy
We require all third-parties to respect the security of our customer’s personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our sponsors or exhibitors to use our customer’s personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process such data in accordance with our instructions as set out below.
- What type of information does the BCS share with third-parties?
We will only provide the following personal data about our customers: contact name, grade and hospital / trust name. We don’t provide contact details including: home / work address, telephone number or email address.
- How must this information be processed and/or used?
Our customer’s personal data can be used for statistical or demographic analysis. Third-parties are not permitted to sell goods and/ or services to our customers.
- Is there a limit for how long the data can be kept for?
Yes. The BCS asks that third-parties do not keep our customers personal data for longer than 12 months.
- Who is allowed access to the information?
Verified persons who have the necessary authority and have received appropriate compliance training are permitted to use the data. All third-parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of this information and to not pass this on to any other organisation.
- How must the information be stored?
We expect all third-parties to store personal data in a safe and secure environment. Where digital files are kept for storage purposes these must be encrypted in accordance with best practice.
- What do I do if there has been a data breach in my company?
You must inform the BCS immediately so we are aware of what has happened and what measures are in place to prevent a reoccurrence.
- What type of information does the BCS share with third-parties?
- Post Conference Feedback Survey
- BCS consider that feedback is essential in assisting us deliver the highest quality of education and events. To encourage this, we request all delegates to provide their views after attending the Annual Conference via our online feedback survey.
- If you have attended Education Zone or other ‘add on’ courses, you may also be requested to complete short individual feedback surveys from course directors/trainers for those specific courses.
- You will need to complete the conference feedback survey before the certificate of attendance will be sent.
- The link to the online survey will be emailed to you after the conference, using the email address that you registered with on the BCS website.
- The British Cardiovascular Society is committed to providing access for all. We aim to hold all our events at venues that are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know your requirements as early as possible and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. You can tell us about your requirements on your booking form, or by emailing email@example.com
- If you require a personal assistant or carer to attend the event with you, they are very welcome. If the event has a ticket cost, the personal assistant or carer’s place will be free. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book their free place.
- If you require a BSL interpreter please let us know one month in advance if possible as they are often in demand. The British Cardiovascular Society is committed to providing BSL interpreters for our events on request and subject to availability.