NEW Vacancy: BCS Medical Education Fellow
The BCS is seeking to appoint a Cardiology Health Professional to a new national role; that of BCS Medical Education Fellow.
Flexible working arrangements – remote/London based and flexibility around hours / days worked (to be agreed)
The Fellowship will fund up to 0.4 WTE i.e., 2 working days per week (basic salary not including banding) for backfill to ensure that appropriate time is protected for the fellow. This protected time is mandatory for the completion of the Fellowship. However, the programme is flexible as to how this time is taken monthly (i.e., 8 days commitment per month can be done flexibly as per the fellow’s schedule).
The Term of office is for one year in the first instance, extendable to 24 months if deemed suitable/appropriate for both parties.
Application is in the form of:
1 - A covering letter which must address the four key questions set out below
- What experiences, interests, and aspirations do you have that make you suited to take on this role? Please include examples of digital related projects you have been personally involved with and their impact.
- What excites you about the Digital Knowledge Hub and why do you think this is a worthwhile project?
- Do you have any career plans that would be supported by taking on a role of this nature?
- Give an example of how you would promote engagement with the Digital Knowledge Hub.
2 - A video submission
Given that video content is a major element of the DKH we ask you to submit a 2-minute video as part of the application process. The content of the video can be a cardiology topic of your choice (clinical or non-clinical) within the remit of the BCS DKH as per Figure 1 which details the breadth and scope of the DKH. The video can be shot on equipment of your choice. Expensive equipment and software are not a prerequisite - a smartphone and free editing software is sufficient - what we are looking for is your ability to communicate and present a topic succinctly and clearly. If the video features individuals other than yourself then appropriate permissions would need to accompany the video.
3 - A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- CVs should be no longer than two pages.
- Applications should be submitted by email with the 3 attachments outlined above to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday 27 August 2021.
- Applicants should mark the subject line of the email, 'Application for BCS Medical Education Fellow’
All applications will be acknowledged on receipt.
If you have any queries about the post or for an informal discussion, please contact Shouvik Haldar at firstname.lastname@example.org.